reblog this post with a cool animal species lets make a wholesome thread
ok ill give a headstart:
i really like leopard seals
axolotls are p rad
I LOVE THOSE
potoos look like muppets and i ove tem
here’s a quokka it’s like someone decided to splice together a wallaby and a teddy bear they literally always look like a benevolent cartoon
i don’t think you can get more wholesome than that adorable lil seed-eating smiley face. they’re not even like dolphins, cute on the outside and evil on the inside. they’re herbivores about the size of a cat. there is nothing wrong with them.
The Springhaas, or “irl pikachu” as it is sometimes known, is basically a rat shaped like a bunny abruptly caught in the middle of trying to evolve into a kangaroo. This is why they tend to look startled.
This is a dik dik. They are tiny antelopes from southern and eastern Africa–seriously so smol. With teeny hooves and teeny horns and big soulful eyes. And the name is fun to say. It comes from the alarm call that the females make. They live together in monogamous pairs.
Long Eared Jerboa
The adorable mash-up of a hamster, bunny, and kangaroo. Whiskers with no end, ears that put a fennec to shame, and adorability beyond measure!
bringing this back on your dashes
This is the paradise tree snake of southeast Asia:
But that’s not even the best part…
These guys can actually flatten out their bodies and…
FUCKING GLIDE FROM TREE TO TREE HOLY FUCK IS THAT AWESOME OR WHAT
Ratufa indica. Look at this awesome purpley squirrel.
Okay, this Tumblr game looks fun for once.
No special reason, I just like fruit bats and think they deserve more love.
Capybaras cause they’re basically really friendly rats the size of a large dog.
Also they apparently get along with just about everyone and everything. They’re just friendly giant rats that are adorable and they deserve more love.
The honduran white bat is tiny and fluffy.
One of only two mammals that lay eggs, has a venomous spur, can detect electricity, and so fuckin’ weird people thought they were a hoax at first.
Botos - pink river dolphins - are amazing.
When the Amazon rises, they swin amongst the trees and eat fruit.
Also, in local legends, they transform into pretty young men who seduce girls.
the vaquita!!! they’re the smallest and most endangered porpoises on the planet
this is a picture of a calf but they usually grow to 140.6 cm (4.6 ft)
leopard geckos absolutely have to be on this list!! i love them, they are my children
This guy is a hoatzin, also known as a stinkbird. Because it stinks. Like really really bad. ‘Cause it solely subsides on plant matter, which it ferments in its giant crop that, combined with its short wings, make it too awkward to fly properly. It’s a stinky, useless bird that is actually doing pretty okay despite being clumsy and having a specialized diet ‘cause it smells so bad that most things don’t want to eat it. Supposedly it tastes as nasty as it smells.
Also, the babies have little claws on their wings that help them grip on branches and stuff. They fall off when they get older, but still. LOOK AT IT. LOOK AT THEM. LITTLE DINOSAURS.
I love hoatzins. I love these smelly horrible babies.
What a good post! Here’s Elaphodus cephalophus, aka, a Tufted Deer! Like other, boring-er deer, but with FANGS and a cool hairdo!
I offer you, the highland cow!
They’re a scottish breed of cattle that come in quite the range of colors, have long wavy coats and long horns.
Also their calves look like literal stuffed animals.
Highland coos! So cute.
This here is a coquí (co-KEE) - it is a teensy eensy tree frog whose name comes from the incredibly loud (considering their size) sound they make. They chill out in Puerto Rico and at night they sound like a chorus of fairy car alarms going off.
This is a marine iguana. They only live on the Galapagos and Charles Darwin called them “Imps of Darkness” because he really didn’t like them.
They spend large amounts of their time in water and can dive deeper than any other lizard causing them to be considered the only “marine lizards.” They have lots of super sharp teeth incredibly sharp claws and they move super slick and wriggly-like in water so they look sooo fucking scary, but they only eat algae and are pretty much perfectly harmless. You could go take a swim with them and be in less danger than swimming with dolphins or seals. They’re just chill small vegetarian dinosaurs.
257575 Notes/ Hide
- hashuer liked this
- short-term-mammory-loss reblogged this from rasec-wizzlbang
- fobsessedphangirl2207 reblogged this from i-ate-all-the-biscuits
- fobsessedphangirl2207 liked this
- ssebi9 reblogged this from onceuponatimeberry
- browneyedfinn reblogged this from howdoyouwhiskit
- fabiostalker liked this
- french-fries-and-memery reblogged this from perks-of-being-chinese and added:
- mini-me-always reblogged this from sleepylazybear
- withoutthesewalls liked this
- sleepylazybear reblogged this from allantruong
- idontevenknow-whatimdoing reblogged this from princeyandanxiety
- asexualenjolras01 reblogged this from be-the-starchild-i-can-be and added:
- estivalings reblogged this from firedrill
- filthy-tracy liked this
- edelfan reblogged this from illness-to-wellness
- artyure liked this
- micahsdiscovery reblogged this from rainydaysandflowers
- won-er-land reblogged this from okvymonet
- soph-ros-yn-e reblogged this from okvymonet
- won-er-land liked this
- beth-likes-you reblogged this from nerdywallflower19
- canine-cat liked this
- doublehhelldog reblogged this from fuckin-jaeger
- xxxsilenceisbestxxx liked this
- vampireglub liked this
- thinkchowder liked this
- magic-and-moonlit-wings liked this
- manjeezubermitch liked this
- librarianon liked this
- fencat reblogged this from silverseapunk and added:
- queenoftheothernight liked this
- spiritually-traveling-the-world reblogged this from flame-in-heart
- haughtpunk liked this
- axl16 reblogged this from szils
- carnivalseb reblogged this from magic-and-moonlit-wings
- carnivalseb liked this
- otakuthefangirl liked this
- seelezeit reblogged this from magic-and-moonlit-wings
- seelezeit liked this
- echoic-art reblogged this from feline-wolf
- echoic-art liked this
- feline-wolf reblogged this from darkness-anon
- feline-wolf liked this
- door-of-justice liked this
- kittenlovescoco liked this
- mascaraoromotoroil reblogged this from stitchdom
- nightcrawleristhebest liked this
- xflywithmeforever liked this